12 February 2013

Get Out Your Pencils

Untitled #22   


Before you thank me for introducing you to some if the coolest pencil skirts of the season, let us take a step back to theb1940's, where Christian Dior designed the revolutionary 'H' skirt for the up and coming business woman.
As times have drastically changed we no longer see the pencil skirt restricted to the office in a black polyester cotton blend, the style has been freed into the creative world of street style.
With the Spring/Summer trend in no shortage of colours, prints and fabrics there is a little something for everyone one every occasion. 
In my selection above I've incorporated seasonal and reoccurring trends, so your new pencil skirt can become an investment instead of a one night stand. 
1. Raquel Allegra, handmade cotton blend. 
2. Topshop, Pow Boom Print.
3. Stella McCartney, floral polyester with metallic weave.
4. The Row Norick, 100% leather (lamb) in navy.
5. Jonathan Saunders Shannon, 100% wool and fully lined. 

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't really wear a pencil skirt considering my age but I reckon they look extremely classy so I thank Christian Dior! I can't wait to wear them when I'm older. I think they look great as block colours with a blouse with some wonderful heels :)

    http://currentlylovingblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete