13 January 2013

A Morning with MARC




Can’t think of anything better than to wake up to a conversation with Marc Jacobs? Neither could I, hence my reasoning for tuning into livestream.com to eavesdrop on Fern Mallis interviewing the prince of fashion. Thursday’s interview recapped Jacob’s major accomplishments and struggles, as well as his current state of mind and where the genius is headed in the near future.
The interview is now available to watch at livestrem.com, so instead of recapping the conversation I thought I'd share a number of things that I most fascinated about Mr Jacobs when listening :

1. Number one selling perfume, Daisy was named after his dog. 
2. Marc has been trying to develop a fragrance for Louis Vuitton since he was employed for the company, but the brand refuses to sell to duty free stores.
3. Admits that as much as he loves designing costumes, he will never work with dancers again.
4. Loves costume parties, the bigger and more extravagant a costume the better.
5. Is addicted to smoking, trying to quit several times the longest he has lasted is 7 months.
6. After dealing with some pretty heavy substance abuse problems, he admits that it was mainly nutrition that got him back on track.
7. Openly says how he is till self-conscious about the way he looks.
8. Thinks, ‘Tom Ford is a heart throb.’
9. Has dressed the one and only Miss Piggy. 
10. Quoted, ‘when I don’t believe in myself, I turn to people who believe in me.’
11. Admits that he ‘loves attention’ and isn't a very linear thinker.
12. Believes that things are only temporary. 
13. Announced that Marc Jacobs will be releasing a makeup line… hooray! 


After treating my senses to this delightful interview I found I have a new respect for the comical personality that is Marc Jacobs. Surely a man I would pleasure myself to meet in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment